Thursday, February 25, 2010

Panchi banu udati firu.....

After a usual mad morning, I sat on my sofa with a hot cup of tea and Eat-Sum-More biscuits. Savoring the short bread, I casually looked out of the window, into the backyard. A slow breeze occasionally moved the branches of the tree touching my window sill. Slowly my thoughts, the mess in my house just faded and I focused on the tree and the single bird sitting on one of its branches,chirping happily. In a few seconds it hopped to another branch and then to another and was soon joined by another of its kind. Looking at the bird, I suddenly had a crazy thought- Wish I was a bird!!!!!!!! Just imagine!!!!!!!!!!! No daily household chores, no grocery shopping...no responsibilities...nothing....Simply fly from one branch to another, find insects or berries to eat, collect twigs for the nest and generally have a merry time. Fly long stretches in the open skies, flutter in small pools of water,sing a bird song and simply relax..........The thought put a song on my lips....Panchi banu udati firu masta gagan mein...aaj mein azaad hun duniya ke.....

4 comments:

ra said...

Well, there's 1 more thing u can think of being a bird...if i was a bird, i'll be free to find lady bird's (female birds) and flirt around...as there'll be no regional, religion based restrictions....hehehe

Megs said...

hehehehhe..yeh ek chot khaye hue pancchi ki comment hai.....

Megs said...

hehehehhe..yeh ek chot khaye hue pancchi ki comment hai.....

Rutuparna said...

ohh! i wish after reading your post... to add up .. no office too... :) and we will have all the meets on these branches... :)